Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Moving





This is Mary Graham on her little bike. She can scoot around the house and even took it to preschool today and used it. Her teacher said in recess they played with balloons in the fellowship hall and she scooted around and played. This makes me so happy to picture her playing like her friends and not sitting on the side watching.

PT has still been very rough, but we are seeing a little progress. She will make progress, and then regress the next day. Lee said it's like we start over every day with her. Her PT said to focus on getting her to move as much as possible. We are letting Daphne stretch her at PT (it was too much of a struggle for me to do it) and we are focusing on moving around more and getting stronger all over. So she is crawling around the house some and trying to get up and stand some in her walker. Her hip is still really really tight, and she still holds it up and it's hesitate to put weight on it. Please continue to pray that her hip muscles will stretch and strengthen to still avoid surgery to release the muscle. Would love to see great improvement over the next month.

This week, however, I feel like overall she's just happier and her pain level is somewhat better. She is wanting to move more and that is a huge step in the right direction. 

So, our prayers are being heard and I'm more hopeful than I have been in a while. I know that hope has come from God and as restless and impatient as I have been over the last few months I have more peace about her these days. And just resting more in His plan and timing.

I have attached a link of a talk I did this past week for a group of women at our church. I was asked to share Mary Graham's story. It was emotional, and I don't love public speaking,  but I was glad to share about all God has done. You can click on the link below and listen if you would like to hear it. 


Thank you all again for the prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment