Saturday, October 25, 2014

Oceans


I've really fallen behind on updating these days. We actually leave early tomorrow for Philly and MG is having surgery this Tuesday morning. We would really appreciate your prayers, she will have a rod replaced this time (there is no more room to expand) and Dr. C will possibly add a third. This will be a more invasive surgery since she got her rods and more nights in the hospital. But she has done so well with her past expansions, so we are hopeful she will recover well, she always surprises us how resilient she is after surgery. 
This trip just sort of snuck up on us and not quite ready for the emotional and physical exhaustion that lies ahead. Your prayers are so sustaining and we know our God is so faithful and we look back to all He has done for us and MG. She is doing wonderfully these days and she's excited to go to Philly, to ride an airplane and see Dr. Campbell-but she doesn't know she's having surgery. I'm so thankful she is not fearful at this time. 

The song "Oceans" by Hillsong is my new favorite and I feel like it perfectly describes my own fears and faith when we go on these trips, and really any time our faith is tested....

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed, and you won't start now.

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When Oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace 
For I am yours and You are mine

It seems we have Oceans all around us, daily. Sometimes the waves are much bigger and when the oceans rise, we must rest His strength-he carries us. There is much more I could say, but I have got to pack! I've been such a procrastinator about this trip and fighting a stomach bug- boo :(

Please pray for safe travels, a room at Ronald Mcdonald House, for Loftin and Lucy, they are staying with my parents and the surgery and recovery for MG. We will be taking  Mary Graham's Elsa costume for Halloween-at least we will be at a place that caters to children ;).

Thank you for loving and praying for us! I will update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment