Tuesday, June 12, 2012

8 years and Tallahassee



Eight years ago today, Lee and I said "I do"...although sometimes it seems like it should be eighteen years :) I mean that in a completely good way.....I hardly remember what it was like to not be married to him. God blessed me with an amazing man and I'm so thankful for him. I was reading back in my prayer journals from when I first met Lee and I prayed so many times, "dear Lord, please let Lee call me"...I remember seeing him for the first time when he picked me up for our blind date (which I wasn't not excited about, how many blind dates work out?!). When he came to the door, I immediately thought, I think I'm gonna like this guy and I did.
It's fun to think back to that time in our lives and how I love him even more today than I did on our wedding day. I kind of laugh when I look at this picture and see how in my mind I know I was planning our future, how I wanted it to look, how I thought it would look....but God had other plans, and His plans are better. When I look back over the last eight years, this journey has not been easy. But God has protected our marriage through all the ups and downs, and it has had many opportunities to be attacked....I would never want to go through any of these eight years without Lee by my side. He is a Godly man, a great father and devoted husband....if you know him, you know that he really is just that great. He is the best person for me. This is the verse inscribed on his wedding band and I continue to pray this....
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:3-5
Happy Anniversary Lee, I love you!

Also wanted to share about our visit to Tallahassee this weekend where Lee's family lives. We had not been able to go visit with all MG has been through, but now was perfect timing. The best part was getting to go to the Sheppard's church on Sunday and bringing Mary Graham with us. How do I begin to thank this church and all the precious people I was able to meet, many for the first time, who have been so devoted to praying for her. I had so many come up to us and just tell me they have been praying, praying everyday for Mary Graham. When people don't know what to do or say to us right now, just telling me that you are praying is more than enough. We thank each of you for taking the time to pray for MG and God hears yours prayers and I believe he is going to do great things, He already has. Thank you for standing in the gap for us when we haven't know what to pray or even how to pray. I just read the verse in Luke on our way home, "Jesus spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart." It is easy to lose heart, so please do not cease praying. God is greater than all of our circumstances. We are honored and grateful for your love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment