Tuesday, January 14, 2014

God goes before



A short version of our day:
MG: mommy stand by me
Me: ok
MG: no, don't look at me
MG: I want some yogurt, help me sit up
Me: ok
MG: no I don't want to sit up, I want some water
MG: I want to watch Barney
Me: ok
MG: no, I want to watch wiggles
Me: which one do you want to watch?
MG: mommy, stop it
;)

So, she's been pretty cranky, poor girl. The first 24 hours are always this way. Tomorrow should be better.

She's still on o2, but will probably be off when she moves around tomorrow. She hasn't slept much all day and seems to be in more pain than she usually is after an expansion. But we have made it through the day with Barney videos and French fries.

Lee headed back to Bham this afternoon. One huge blessing is another veptr mom I met and her little boy from Indiana. He had an expansion right after MG and they are in the room right next to us at RMH....it's so great to know someone since we are alone when we go back to the RMH tomorrow.

I'm very tired, but there is always such a relief when the surgery is over. Hoping for some good sleep tonight for the both of us. Continue to pray for her pain and recovery. Also, for things to go smoothly while we are solo.

A verse from Colossians I read last night. God is in the details and has it all together when things don't really seem all together. Thank you for praying! Will update tomorrow.

"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Col 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment