Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The unexpected...

Mary Graham is going to be having surgery next Wed at CHOP in Philly :( To make a long story short, one of her rods looked to me like it was bulging out of her back, so I took her for X-rays Monday and had them emailed to CHOP and Dr. Campbell said it had migrated and detached from her ribs and we don't want it to break through her skin, so it needs to be fixed right away. She wasn't suppose to go back until April for a replacement of one rod. So, Dr. C is going ahead and replacing the left rod and reseating the right (not exactly sure what that means 😁). But it will be more invasive than expansions and longer stay.


We would love your prayers. Lee is staying here with Loftin and Lucy, and my sister is going with me this time. Mainly because Lee tore his pectoral muscle three weeks ago and had surgery (screws, staples, etc) and he can't move his arm-that is a whole other story itself, it's been quite interesting around here lately. 


Please pray for all the details....travels, a room at the Ronald McDonald house, the surgery, her pain, recovery...she doesn't really know we are going yet and my big kids are not so thrilled about us leaving so suddenly. 


I have complete peace and have since the week began, I know this is from God. I have learned to hold my plans loosely. God will go before us and be with us every step of the way. 


MG is doing so great right now and she's not in any pain, thankfully. I hate most that she has to go through this surgery so soon. 


We appreciate your prayers so much, they truly carry us through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment