Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thankful



 Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have much to be thankful for and MG has definitely turned the corner and is doing much better. She is playing and much more active, still having to rest in between some. But her pain is being managed and she does still complain some at night of her shoulder and back hurting or she has said, "my back feels tight" but we just using the heating pads and Motrin. It will take some time to get her stamina back up. We are so thankful this surgery is behind us and still praying for her recovery and no infection to arise. We will return to CHOP in a few months for her first MAGEC expansion. 

I have been thinking that it may be time for my blog to come to a close. Recently, before this surgery, I just felt in my heart that we are beginning a new chapter with Mary Graham and she is getting older, more aware of herself and who she is. In fact, we are traveling to the NIH in Washington DC very soon so the doctors, along with us, can learn more about her muscular dystrophy. As I said earlier, she wants to be like everyone else. I want to protect her privacy and just let her tell her story when she wants to. I have loved writing here, it is like therapy for me and your prayers mean more than you could possibly know. I had the chance to read back through most of my blog last week and I just am still in awe of God's hand in her life and ours. I hope one day she can read it and see God's faithfulness.  I'm not sure what the next chapter for us looks like. Thank goodness God goes before us and I have clung to this verse from Jeremiah from day one. He has brought her so far and through so many scary and unknown times and shown us so much of His love and goodness. I know her story isn't over yet, and she will have more surgeries and procedures as she gets older and we will continue to call to Him and he will answer. He loves her so much.

You will never know how grateful we are for your love and support. Please email me if you ever want to know how she's doing. So many of you have been so faithful. Thank you for loving us and loving her so well. 

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you may not know." Jeremiah 33:3





No comments:

Post a Comment