Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MRI and other things...

Was going to wait until Thursday to update, but we have had a little more develop with Mary Graham and have a few prayer requests. We spoke with our orthopedist this week after he had reached out to several other orthopedists in and out of town.  We have been given some options about her treatment and we ask for prayers in this process. God is walking beside us and He has already shown us steps to take in this process. "If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm...the Lord upholds his hand." Psalm 37:23-24. Please pray that we would have clarity and firm steps as we make decisions about her treatment and for wisdom for the doctors. We also know things can change as we still haven't finished all the testing about an underlying condition she could have. Pray for us to stay clear minded as we process things as they seem to be constantly changing.

Although the things around us are changing, I am comforted in the fact that God is unchanging. He is showing up in some amazing ways to me as I have prayed to truly "see" Him in all of this. I could go on and on. The worry and fear that comes with caring for children can be unbearable at times. God has constantly been calling me back to Him, driving me to increase my faith in Him, not in this world.  A devotion book I read this week said, "As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. Enjoy my Presence continually by trusting me at all times." Shackles....a word that keeps coming back to me and lead me to listen to a song I haven't heard in a long time, "Shackles." The words say, "Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance...just to praise you, praise you through this circumstance." Then again today, my devotion book was asking, "what are you being shackled by?" I think God wanted me to SEE this word. It's almost like I can physically picture this, when I walk around with a heaviness at times. He wants to remove these shackles, to lift this load and I can praise Him. This is a daily choice to let him remove them.....but why would I want to carry them around? I want the control, I don't want to let go. But I don't want to be bound anymore. And there will be new shackles, but I will choose to let him take them today. There is much to be thankful for and I am seeking to praise Him.

Thank you for your prayers and wrapping us up in your love and support. God's love for us has been so evident in this last week through others, it is overwelming. Your phone calls, emails, cards, or even just saying you are praying is so humbling and we are forever grateful that you have chosen to walk with us. I know others of you are suffering in great ways and going through trials of your own. After running into a dear friend who is walking through some very difficult trials, she encourged me with the verse in 2 Corninthians "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all Comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." How amazing that God created us to bear each others burdens and I have witnessed this so beautifully in you.

I will update tomorrow after the MRI.....we covet your prayers for Mary Graham.

1 comment:

  1. Praying constantly for MG's safety and your hearts tomorrow. I know it is going to be a tough day, and I pray for her comfort and your peace-a peace that can only come from Him. I hope you get some definitive answers from this test and all goes as planned. Much love, friend. You are such a source of Godly encouragement for me-thank you.

    ReplyDelete