Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Press On

"Press on" were the first words that came to mind after I hung up the phone with our genetics doctor today.  She took her time to talk to me and try and answer as many questions as she could. She had received the urine results and most of the urine analysis seemed normal, except for a few "bands" (whatever that means) that were abnormal, which could be caused by several different factors. But we are very thankful for some of it being normal. However, she has ordered the urine test again....yes, again. It took us many attempts to get this the first time until they finally got it during her MRI, so we will probably wait until her cast is put on and she is under anesthesia to have it drawn again. Furthermore, our genetics doctor wants to have a chromosome panel test to look more closely at MG's genetic makeup and these results can take over a month to come back. 

We are still awaiting the date set for Mary Graham's cast, which we should know next week. Our orthopedist wants to review all the results, MRI, etc. and then move forward with the cast.

So, we will just press on and wait some more and pray for good results. Please pray for the urine test again, the chromosome tests, the cast, and very importantly, for MG's growth. She is very small and although she has grown, she is hovering around her same weight for a while now.

Honestly, although days like today can make me very weary, I am hopeful and calm. I have come to accept the waiting.....I can rest during these times, and it is refreshing to just go about life as normal. But it's speaking with the doctors that brings it all back to reality again. The story of when Jesus calms the storm has been on my mind this last week as I have been listening to that song, Be Still my Soul. In fact, I was looking it up last night and it didn't take me long to find it, there was a random piece of a sticky note right on the story in my bible, like it was already marked for me. I have no idea where it came from. However, I do not believe this was random, God is in the details. God's power in this story, the waves and winds obeyed....He calmed the storm by just speaking, just His voice. Every line in this song is amazing, but the second verse has struck me more lately...."be still my soul, the wind and waves still know, still know. His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below."

His power remains. His faithfulness remains. His voice remains. And I must remind myself of these truths daily when the doubts come. There is much to be thankful for....please continue to pray for Mary Graham's healing. We are so grateful for your prayers and encouragment.

Here is a youtube video of Be Still My Soul with the lyrics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9zHn4QSH-8

No comments:

Post a Comment