Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cast and Clinging

Mary Graham will have her cast procedure on September 22nd. Please pray for a smooth procedure, the anesthesia and for it to be successful in stopping the progression of her scoliosis or even improving it. We will spend one night at Children's and learn how to care for her with the cast. This will be a new adjustment for all of us, I am anxious. Please pray that she adapts quickly.

The last few weeks have had their ups and down, at times full of frustration in communicating with doctors. This is a learning process, as we try to be the best advocates for Mary Graham. It can be overwelming and we often feel uncertain about our decisions. And I find myself trying to carry this load again. Then today, both my devotion books were the same story of Abraham's amazing trust in the Lord with his son, Issac. In fact, the first words of the book "Jesus Calling" say, "Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands." I want to cling. But she is best in His hands. There is nothing more difficult than to fully trust God with your children. God says in Hebrews that "Abraham obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." So even in the confusion and unknown, we must move forward and trust. Please pray for greater trust in Him alone.

Today in the car, I heard my 5 year old, Loftin, say from way back in the van, "Mommy, Mary Graham is smiling at the sun." Immediately, my eyes welled with tears because I suddenly pictured her smiling at the Son, at Jesus. It was such a sweet moment that God allowed me to see His goodness and know that He has her in his hands and how thankful I am......He is clinging and she is smiling.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

We are so grateful for your prayers and we know He can move in mighty ways.

1 comment:

  1. I was so glad to run into you tonight and meet your beautiful family. I am so thankful for your prayers over the years. When I re-joined my family tonight, after our meeting, I told them about Mary Graham and your family. My son piped up "Let's pray NOW". So we did! God used your sweet beautiful daughter to inspire my son to speak to Jesus and beg His mercy. God is faithful, and loves you so.
    I weep with you and smile with you. Please contact me ANYTIME. I don't know your email, but mine is on my blog. I would love to chat more.

    ReplyDelete