Sunday, February 5, 2012

What's to come....

"Do not be terrified by them, for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God." Deut. 7:21

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."  Psalm 23:6

Had many asking how Mary Graham is doing and what are our next steps with her. The last couple weeks she has been doing really well, her hips are better and she just seems to be back to herself. She is THE best baby when she feels good....so content, so easy going-this is such a huge blessing. We have just been doing normal stuff and it has been really nice, I am just enjoying her so much. She seems to be growing, although is still very small and we are making some slow progress with her sitting up and getting stronger. On March 4th she will turn one, in some ways I feel like she should be turning ten because this year has been so full, on the other hand, I can't believe it's already been a year. There is much for me to reflect on but will save that for another day.

February is already here and seems to be flying by. We will take MG back to CHOP the week of February 26th and stay for a week. We have appointments each day, meetings with doctors and then also CT, MRI and pulmonology testing all under anesthesia. Then we will return home for a week and then back again for her spinal surgery March 13th in which she will have her veptr rods put in. She will also have a muscle biopsy during her spinal surgery to test for muscular disease. The surgery is 5-7 hours, with about 3-4 days in ICU and then 7 on the floor. I am anticipating staying for 2-3 weeks, but praying for no complications and for us to get to come home sooner.

Deep breath. Although I am anxious, fearful, etc, etc of what she will go through, I know it is time. Her scoliosis is still getting worse and her breathing is becoming more labored. So I know that by March it will be the right time for this. And we are so incredibly thankful for CHOP and the team of doctors, if MG had been born 15 years ago she would not have any options. Praise God for his perfect timing. And we have seen His hand through it all.

It is easy to focus on what this or that doctor has said, the complications many children face with these rods, what her future may look like and so on....but our God is greater and I am clinging to that.

I will continue to update throughout the traveling and surgery. As always, we covet your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment