Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Children's Take-Two

This morning I took MG to see Dr. Makris at the pulmonary clinic to check her bloodwork, since she has been slowly getting worse since we have been home from the hospital. And I had a feeling that we would be staying....and we are. Her labs showed that she still has an infection in her body. The plan is to start her back on the same antibiotics from last week that seemed to healing her and treat soft tissue infections (such as a rod infection). She is actually on a higher dosage than last week and if she improves the next few days then we can go home on oral antibiotics, which would be much better than a picc line. The doctors still don't know for sure if it is a rod infection, but that seems to be the best guess as of now and the reason she got sick again after being home. Also, we are still waiting on word from Dr. Campbell about her ribs, hoping that we don't have to make a trip up to Philly anytime soon, at least until this infection gets take care of. She has been a trooper today, she is getting use to hospital life, not really, but at least she only cries when someone is messing with her, not just when they walk in the room.

Today I have felt more peace than I have in the last ten days. She is exactly where she needs to be and I believe this is one step closer to healing her. Please pray these antibiotics knock out this infection and for her pain to subside.

We are in the new Children's of AL, last week we were in the older building. It's super nice and a beautiful view, we are on the top floor. Thank you for praying and continuing on this journey with us. Two devotion books I read last night had the same verse and then I heard it in a song today...We praise God for his faithfulness through what has felt like at times walking through the desert.


Psalm 63
"You God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your right hand upholds me."




5

No comments:

Post a Comment