Thursday, November 8, 2012

Running for MG




Mary Graham has been going to The Bell Center, a privately funded early intervention program for special needs children, since last February and it has been such a blessing for her and all of us. Right now she goes on Tues and Thurs for a two hour class where she gets Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Special Ed. In addition, they do music, dance, and even have dogs come in for pet therapy. She had a hard time adjusting at first (cried most of the time), but now is doing really well and actually is having fun and working hard. The therapists and all the volunteers are wonderful and I tear up everytime I take her because it is such a place of joy and hope in the midst of this hard journey we are on for her.  Here is the website if you would like to see more of what they do....http://www.thebellcenter.org/.

Coming up in February is the Mercedes Marathon here in Birmingham, which is the biggest fundraiser for The Bell Center. We are just starting to get together Team MG, those that will run for the Bell Center in her honor. The options are to run or walk a 5K, the half marathon (13.2 miles), the full marathon (26.2 miles), or a relay team of 5 people divided up as a 10k (6.2 miles), 5k (3.1 miles), 10k, 5k, and 12k. I have had several friends and family tell me they are interested in being on a relay team or running for MG and you get to wear her picture on your shirt when you run. I'm trying to get our team together and start getting everyone registered. My plan is to raise $2620, that's $100 per mile. If you want to participate and run for MG, we would love for you all to be a part of her team. But do not feel like you have to donate money or ask donors for money, I'm going to take that under my wing. However, if you want to donate or know someone who would like to, please let me know.

If you want to run for MG or donate to our team for the Bell Center, contact me at jennifercsheppard@hotmail.com and I can tell you how to register or donate.

Thanks for all your prayers and support for Mary Graham!

No comments:

Post a Comment