Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful





Hanging out with Daddy


Finally gave MG a bath and a new bow



Mary Graham continues to get better each day. We are so thankful for your prayers and know they are being heard. Her next surgery will be on Tuesday, it was suppose to be on Monday, but something happened with scheduling. So, sounds like we may be eating turkey in the CHOP cafeteria :)

Since we do a lot of sitting around right now, I have been reading friends' "thankful" posts on Facebook. Lucy had her Thanksgiving program at school, which I'm so sad I missed, but I know the songs she was singing....she's been practicing for weeks. She was singing the hymn "Give thanks"....so that song has been on my mind. And so I decided to tell what I'm thankful for...because, even though, this is not what we planned for MG, when I look around, it could be a lot worse and I truly am thankful for so much.

Lee. I am so thankful for him. He is a loving and involved husband and father and is a perfect match for me. God knew the kind of husband I would need to get us through these harder times. He even let me escape for a couple hours today and explore Philly, the shopping district is great therapy :)

Family. My parents and Lee's parents are so loving and supportive. We don't have to worry at all about Loftin and Lucy when unexpected travel or extended hospital stays come along. Such a blessing. And my sweet sister is flying up to Philly on Sunday to stay with us since Lee is going back home tomorrow.

Friends. We have the most amazing friends...they text all the time checking in, asking how to help and mostly just praying for us and MG-I would not be able to get through any of this without my family and friends. You are a blessing!

CHOP and all our nurses and doctors. Without this place and Dr. Campbell, MG would not have as quality of life. Even though it's far from home, I'm so grateful for this place.

Technology. I'm really so thankful for Kindles, Ipads, Netflicks, etc, etc...it makes long hospital stays more bearable...Lee resorted to watching clips from Airplane yesterday, and I have watched probably 10 episodes of Parenthood. Desperate times call for desperate measures-right?

Jesus. Without Him, nothing would be worth living for and He is always with us and loving us through the good and the bad. And He gives us hope that this is not all there is.

And I could go on and on....please continue to pray for MG, her healing, her surgery next Tuesday and for strength and peace for us. Lee is going home tomorrow and my sister is coming up on Sunday to stay for several days.

We are thankful for each of you and your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment