Friday, March 16, 2012

Baby steps

Rock of Ages, when the day seems long
From this labor and this heartache I have come
The skies will wear out, but You remain the same
Rock of Ages, I praise Your name.


 
Mary Graham is doing well. She is still sedated and this morning was having some pain, the drs had taken her pains meds down a lot after she stopped breathing and was put on the ventilator. So she had some faster breathing and higher heart rate this morning, but now they have upped her pain meds a little and she has had a calm afternoon. She is getting more fluids out and I believe her color looks a little better too. And her right lung is improving. Praise God for the tiny baby steps she is taking in the right direction. Although she still has a long way to go. I am glad she is still sedated at this point because she is just sleeping through the pain. Our pulmonologist did another broncoscopy this afternoon and believes her bronchus looks a little better than before her veptr placement. There is talk of starting to wean her from the ventilator tomorrow, but they said they aren't in a hurry and just letting her drive the ship. Please pray for her pain, continued improvments, and patience as we wait for her to heal. Also for this awesome team of doctors and wisdom for them about when to take her off the ventilator.

The lyrics to the song, "Rock of Ages" is above. I have listened to this song over and over again. We do praise Him for being a Rock that is unchanging and walking us through these extremely long and darker days and I still believe there are brighter days ahead. We feel your prayers, so many prayers being poured out. There are many moments I want to share, when my brain is less foggy about God's hand even in small details. But one moment that I have see God's hand is through Lee.....I have to say that Lee has been a rock through all of this, and I believe it was a blessing that just I experienced when MG coded. He came just as they had gotten her more stable and has been able to be so strong. God is meeting our needs and we see that He truly is the God of all comfort.

We are very blessed to have such support and love from all of you and are always grateful for the continued prayers.
I love this picture of MG, taken just before her surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment