Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 6~Great things

"But it was your own eyes that saw all these great things the LORD has done." Deut. 11:7

I apologize for being so late in updating today, we have been busy with MG and I have been pretty wiped out. Last night she did well, was awake a ton and I have gotten to hold her, which has been such a blessing. She is very uncomfortable and they are still working on her pain management. She is weak, which is to be expected and has yet to smile, but I know it will come. Today Mary Graham has been awake and looking so much more like herself. She has come so far in the last 24 hours. Little by little pumps and IVs have been disappearing and I've even heard the doctors mentioning when we may get discharged... possibly at the end of this week. We are going to remain in the ICU until discharge, which is perfectly fine with me. We are so thankful for this hospital and the doctors and nurses.

So, we ask you to continue to pray for her recovery and healing, which still has a ways to go. Pray for her pain and discomfort. She also is definitely more like herself because she cries when anyone messes with her.

We have witnessed many great things from the Lord and I have been mentally trying to look back over the last several days and remember. The sweet family, the Bishops that I met on the VEPTR facebook group months ago have been a huge blessing to us. Their 10 year old daughter, Katie, had her surgery the same day as MG and we got to spend some time with them at the RMH the night before. As some of you know, they then became our roomates up here in ICU. The mother and I have been able to support each other as our daughters go through all this. I was telling one of the nurses about how we met and ended up together in ICU and she said, "what a coincidence." No, just another great thing that God has done.

Also, I have been wanting to share about Mary Graham's lungs and pulmonology issues. For months and months I have asked you all to pray for MG's health, especially after learning about her right lung was partially collapsed. Well, her right brochus appeared to be bent and narrowed, however, it has much improved since her veptr placement. Our pulmonologist keeps saying he can't believe she hasn't had chronic pneumonia and bronchitis - he has asked me several times, and I have told him no, just colds and ear infections. So, all this to say, God HAS been protecting her, even through the midst of my frustrations with her colds and ear infections - He just waited until now to show me more clearly, more greatly.

You have been another great thing that God has given us. It has been hard to be so far away from family and friends, but through emails, texts, and the internet, we have felt so loved and lifted up. So, thank you.

Stay tuned....many more great things to share later and God will continue to show us more. Thanks for continuing to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment