Friday, January 18, 2013

Update on MG

Mary Graham had a pretty rough night and morning, had to go up on her oxygen and just coughing a lot. The day has been up and down, but we do not believe she has gotten any worse, so we are thankful for that. Her viral panel came back negative, but is still growing and they may see something in two more days. Many viruses look just like RSV, and the doctors believe it is still viral and not bacteria, just probably one that they aren't able to test for. Only time will tell and these viruses take time to run their course. She is also responding well to albuterol breathing treatments every three hours, although she hates them. She is sleeping really soundly now and I know she is just where she needs to be. Yesterday I had prayed all day that God would give me discernment about her illness and when/if I needed to take her in to the doctor and I believe that God nudged me yesterday to take her to the ER when she wasn't looking good or breathing well and I had been worrying all day. And I'm so thankful that I did. And we are always so thankful to our family and friends that jump in to help a moments notice...don't think Loftin or Lucy missed us at all as they had a fabulous afternoon playing in the snow with their friends :) Please continue to pray for improvements and healing of the virus. Also, please continue to pray that her rod infection doesn't return as we are now two weeks out from the expansion surgery. Wouldn't it be great if she got over this bump, had no signs of rod infection and we went ahead the expansion? God is going before us no matter what and He gave me a sweet reminder of his presence through this roller coaster of a ride last night is this verse from Genesis 35.....The Lord was leading Jacob from place to place, Jacob unsure of where he was being lead, while he was fearful of his brother Esau. But then he says, "then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been wherever I have gone." So very thankful that God has "been wherever we have gone" even in the most fearful moments. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment