Monday, June 16, 2014

Another's perspective

Here is a "guest" blog entry from Julie. I loved having her in philly part of the time. Not only just to help me with the logistics of travel and MG, but support for me emotionally. Someone to talk to and walk with me through my fears. 

MG is doing well, she is wanting to play a lot and loves being home with Loftin and Lucy. She gets really tired and is sleeping a lot too, which is what she needs. 

Here are Julie's words....

Philly through my eyes.... I feel so blessed to have had the
opportunity to experience this trip to Philadelphia with Jen and Mary
Graham. Jennifer and I have been friends since we were young kids and
we have shared so much together. From childhood memories to family
vacations, from being college roommates to being in one another's
weddings. Now we're both moms to three kids and our friendship has
continued.

I feel like I have been on this journey with Jen, Lee, and Mary
Graham, as many of you have. I have prayed them through their many
trips and surgeries. So when Jen called me last week and asked if I
could go along, I was thrilled. As I was unsure of the logistics and
how it might happen, God was not! Everything fell into place and on
Sunday morning, we met at the airport and were off. Mary Graham has
not spent a lot of time with me, but warmed up quickly and seemed
happy to have me along. Can I just say that as a teacher, I spend lots
of time with kids, and I don't know that I've ever been around a child
who is so go with the flow, patient, and well-adjusted! She is a true
little angel!!

We arrived in Philly and were able to secure a room at The Ronald
McDonald house, which was such a neat place! It was child-friendly,
comfortable, and so accommodating. MG loved the train table and
playrooms best of all!

On Monday, we took a taxi to CHOP. I was again, so thrilled to
finally see this awesome place that we've heard so much about. I told
Jen, it didn't really feel like a hospital. It was bright and
cheerful. We had three appointments that day and spent a good bit of
time in waiting rooms, but again, Mary Graham didn't complain one
time. She just wanted to be reassured of what we were doing each time
and wanted to make sure Mommy would be with her. MG and I spent some
good quality time coloring and munching on Doc McStuffin gummy snacks
while Jen talked to the doctors:) I got to meet a few of the doctors
who have been such a huge part of MG's journey. After a long day if
appointments we enjoyed dinner and turned in early for the night.

Yesterday included Mary Graham's MRI and CT scan. It was an early
morning and she seemed a little more anxious. She's a smart little
girl and again, wanted continuing confirmation that she could have
some apple juice and yogurt after they "took her pictures." As Jen
said earlier, when she woke up from anesthesia, she sat up and looked
at Jen and said, "I was so brave." Melt your heart!! After a good nap
yesterday afternoon, we enjoyed a yummy Mexican dinner and went to bed
early again!

I'm headed home today and Lee will be joining them tonight. I feel so
blessed to have been able to be a small part of this journey. I have a
totally different picture in my mind now of what exactly they are
going through each time they make the trip to CHOP. And I now know and
have felt the prayers that are being heard and answered by our
almighty God!! He has such big plans for sweet Mary Graham! I have a
whole new admiration for Jen and her family. I've always known she was
a special person, which is why she's my BFF I guess:) I will join you
all in continued prayers for this precious family and for sweet Mary
Graham!


No comments:

Post a Comment