Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our day off

Today we said good bye to Julie and she made it safely home. Lee is mid flight right now to philly. 

Mary Graham and I had lots of quality time together today. We grabbed a taxi (I'm such a city girl now) and went to The Please Touch museum. It was wonderful! A museum for children ages 1-7, filled with hands on activities, some of her favorites being the grocery store, life size bus and cars and of course, the mini Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. See in the picture she is giving her baby an MRI :)

After a few hours there, we headed back to the RMH. We were both tired and she took a long nap. Then back to playing with the trains and toys. We had dinner here and then  another therapy dog came to visit and she loved watching and playing with him. I think a new dog may be in the future, she is obsessed.

I gave her a bath and wiped her down with her special antibacterial wipes from the hospital. Now I'm hiding from her while she is trying to go to sleep and she's belting Let It Go. We have to arrive at 7:00 am and she is first case. 

I spoke with Dr. Campbell's nurse today about her ct and MRI and she told me the percentage of her lung volume and how much it has increased since the veptrs were implanted over two years ago. Both have increased significantly, the right more than the left. I can't imagine where she would be without these veptr rods. They are giving her a quality of life she would not have. It reminds me that this is all worth it and how much God has lead us every step. And He will be with her tomorrow. We covet your prayers for a smooth procedure, for her lungs and the recovery. I will update soon tomorrow. 

Here is the verse I have been praying for MG over the last couple months as she grows and becomes more aware of herself and how God made her....

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Cor. 2:8












No comments:

Post a Comment