Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rough start, better end

This morning was rough with MG's MRI and CT. She was grumpy and thirsty while waiting, lots of distracting and bribing. They let me go back with her to be put to sleep and after giving her some gas through her candy smelling mask she started throwing up and her sats started dropping. They began to give her the anesthesia and I left. The doctor kept saying this was normal with her chest wall and secretions in her lungs. The nurse came and told me about 45 mins later that she was settled and doing fine. These events are so hard for me and fears just take over. I don't think I will go back with her anymore though. But God kept her safe and we are so thankful.

It took her a while to wake up and we went back to recovery. They said she would most likely cough a bunch and throw up. Well, after about 30 minutes she  popped open her eyes and said "I was so brave!" I'm not kidding. Then she insisted on seeing the doctor who put the Iv in her foot, she was hilarious. Then she ate graham crackers and juice and we were outta there.  

All she wanted to do was play at the RMH so we ate some lunch and everyone took a much needed nap. Then walked around the city and had Mexican for dinner :)

Julie leaves in the morning and then Lee arrives tomorrow night. She has been so supportive and helpful. I'm so thankful she could be here with us, she has been a huge blessing. 

And the best part of the day for MG was Zena the therapy dog that came to visit the RMH tonight. Pure joy! 


Tomorrow we will rest and get ready for surgery on Thursday. Please pray for safe travels for Julie and Lee. Thank you for walking with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment