Thursday, June 12, 2014

Long day

Mary Graham is doing really well, she has improved as the day went on and her pain seems to be under control with meds. She may need a little O2 while she sleeps tonight. We are waiting to talk more to her pulmonologist about her lungs and how we will help them improve. He believes the partial collapsed areas of her lungs is due to muscle weakness (not being able to cough deeply) and the shape of her chest wall. Dr. Campbell said she will need one rod replaced next visit and possibly add another smaller one. Kind of a lot to think about....But for now, we will be thankful for today and try not to anticipate the future. I know God has heard your prayers, thank you for being so faithful.

My sister and her family have been in Pennsylvania this week and arrived in Philly today. They had planned this trip a while back and it happened to fall the same week as MG's surgery. So they were able to visit us today and mg loved seeing her cousins, even though in the picture she doesn't look happy :) And they took me to dinner tonight to give me a break from the long week. Lee is staying with MG tonight, so I can sleep, he's the best!

Lee and I are celebrating being married 10 years today, so crazy where the last ten years have taken us. But I wouldn't want to walk this journey with anyone else. I love him more today than the day we were married. We both laughed when I turned to him in the surgery waiting room today and said "happy anniversary." 


Thanks again for praying today and always! 





No comments:

Post a Comment