Monday, May 11, 2015

One night more...

Just one more night in the cast! MG gets it off tomorrow morning. I feel like this day has been in slow motion waiting for tomorrow to come. We are excited and anxious. 

She still isn't sleeping great, it's getting hotter and she desperately needs a bath. But we have made it through what I feel like is the first giant step in this unexpected hip surgery this spring. After she gets the cast off she will get a Velcro harness, and will most likely wear it all the time for another month. 

MG is still very happy (and a little bossy ;) these days. But she keeps saying, "when I get my cast off I'll just be able to walk and swim!" She wanted to just hold her bathing suit last Saturday and put on her flip flops because she saw Lucy wearing hers to go swimming with a friend. So I pray her sweet spirit will continue even if she can't do all these things right away. But I believe that her determination will drive her.

 Because the doctor cut and turned her femur to get the ball in the socket, her knee and leg now face forward (her left foot and knee were turned out before) and she will now need to learn to walk with different muscles. The purpose of this surgery was to stablilze her hip in the socket and prevent early arthritis. 

have no idea what to expect as far as her strength or pain and when she will be allowed/able to walk again.

But I do know that God is faithful and that she's a pretty amazing 4 year old and it may be a slow summer, but we pray she gets all her strength back. So, lots of unknowns-I have a hard time in the unknowns of life-but I'm learning to trust and hang on and I get a front row seat to watch God's hand a work.

We covet your prayers, your love, your support-I am constantly overwhelmed by it all. 

Pictures to come tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment