Monday, April 20, 2015

Content


One week down and 5 more to go...part of me says "hooray" and the other part wants to run away-just kidding, well sort of ;)

But MG is doing so much better-she is hardly on an pain medicine and is sleeping much better. Praise the Lord! Friday everything had caught up with me and I hit a wall-just so tired from emotions of surgery and lack of sleep. Thankfully, she has slept really well the last two nights and we had a fun weekend with Lee's parents visiting from Tallahassee. They brought their puppy, Beckett, and MG loved him. He was a good distraction from being stuck in a cast.

Mary Graham has gotten lots of fun surprises from visitors and packages in the mail, balloons, stuffed animals, candy and lots of crafts. Puzzles, coloring and crafts have become our favorite pastimes these days. Mary Grahams said yesterday "it's like it's my birthday!" Crafts is not my fav thing to do with my kids, luckily I recruit Lucy to do some of them with her when she's home.
We are so overwhelmed with the love and support we are getting. Thanks to all of you who are walking with us, even in the times of exhaustion and stress, I feel your prayers. Someone will send a text or knock on my door and God sends his grace in the most beautiful ways.

MG is amazing me. My dad said to her earlier this week, "your pink cast is so cute, even though I know you don't like it so much right now." And she answered, "don't be silly, yes I do!" She is so proud of her cast, and so absolutely content. It reminds me of the verses in Philippians 4 about being content in all circumstances. These were some of the first verses I read while sitting in the waiting room of the first doctors office when Mary Graham was just 8 weeks old and we knew something wasn't right. I didn't want to know where God was taking us, and I certainly didn't want to know what it meant to be content in ALL circumstances. But God had other plans and I'm still learning and so much from this little 4 year old.

We are so thankful for her healing and sweet attitude towards all of this she has to go through. And her teacher came to visit last week and we are planning to let her go back to preschool some this next week. This will be such a help and she will enjoy getting out of the house-and I might just enjoy some alone time ;)

Always grateful for your prayers!

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-12


Craft time ;)

Mimi, Lucy, MG and Beckett


No comments:

Post a Comment