Saturday, April 11, 2015

Perserverance



Mary Graham had a rough night and was up a lot in pain and fever. And it's most painful when we have to move her, with her being heavy and awkward to hold. So we are all still adjusting. Today, which is a bit of a fog, she has been up and down. Still running fever off and on and crying in pain. But later this afternoon she has been a little more content and enjoyed some chocolate ice cream from our sweet neighbors and could lay on our big porch swing outside. And when she's not in pain she likes to give us all orders in a baby voice-I guess secretly she enjoying being babied again. 


I know she doesn't understand why she's in this big cast and with tears in the night she said "I don't want my pink cast anymore." And at one moment she asked if she could play when she got out of bed, I told her she could sit in the bean bag and watch a movie. We are working on some other "chairs" and ways to help her sit up better to be able to do more. Although right now we are just focusing on resting and her healing from this big surgery. 

My friend texted me and told me she was praying for perseverance. This is a perfect word to describe what we are facing. Some moments are just going to be hard, but God is giving us grace throughout all of this. We continue to pray for healing and comfort and rest for MG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment