Sunday, April 12, 2015

Streams of Mercy






I don't plan to update every day for the next 6 weeks, but wanted to share.....I realized today, after going to Target by myself (yippee), where I was able to think some in the car, that God is pouring his streams of mercy on us and most of these "streams" are coming from you. Your prayers and encouraging words are covering us and lifting us up. Not only just the prayers, but logistical things-friends bringing me coffee, taking Loftin and Lucy to play this afternoon, my cousin who works as a PT texting me that she will come any day after she gets off work to help with MG. And tomorrow one of Mary Graham's Bell Center PT's in coming to keep her for a couple hours in the morning-and she is excited to come. Then visits from friends and her teachers. Our frig is full of yummy food that people have just dropped off and the many many texts and comments I get really do mean so much. It is a beautiful thing to see God's love and mercy through his people. So, thank you for being so willing to be a part of this journey with us. It is humbling and brings tears to my eyes.

Mary Graham had another bad night. She was up a lot and I know it's pain and not being able to change positions in her bed. I got up with her and put her in the bean bag and we turned on The Little Mermaid for "just a few minutes" I told her. Well, 1.5 hours later I hear her say "the movie is over Mommy." I was sound asleep on the couch beside her and she had watch the ENTIRE movie.

After being up a lot in the night (and enjoying a movie) she had a much better day. Lee took the older kids to church and I was able to get her maneuvered into her polka dot chair with a tray and we did a couple puzzles together and she was able to eat without me feeding her. I have another tray table coming tomorrow that will hopefully work better. And we are trying to get a potty seat to help stabilize her a little more, so my arms will not break off while trying to hold her. She was much more content today and smiled and took a very long nap, which I know she needed. And she just looks better, less swollen and no fever today. We were sitting the big porch swing later today and she says, "can I walk, can I ride my red car?" Then I remind her she is in a pink cast and can't do those things right now...and she just accepts it. How I wish I could be content in all my circumstances that God places me in.

So, I know it is just day 4, but today was good and I'll take it. We are praying for a better night-no movie marathon :) and more good days.


Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

No comments:

Post a Comment