Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mary Graham

My husband and I prayed and prayed about having a third child and God blessed us with Mary Graham. After I had her, I truly was obsessed with this precious baby, I guess knowing that she was probably my last baby and trying to enjoy her. All I wanted to do was hold her :)

Well, she is almost 4 months old and much has happened in her little life. I began to notice some things about her back not being even, her legs not quite right and her muscles seemed tight. So, after taking her in for a virus one Saturday, I mentioned these things to the doctor and he immediately became concerned. We were sent to see an orthopedist and there he diagnosed her with severe scoliosis and significant hip dysplasia with high muscle tone. We were then told to go to UAB genetics, which can take weeks to get in....we got in in 2 days. That was over two months ago. We have met with the genetics doctor and have had other xrays done and are now awaiting a spinal MRI on July 21st to show more about what kind of condition she could possibly have. It has been a long process with lots of waiting. These are the basic facts about her medical condition.  Now you can continue to read on to see how God has been walking right beside me during this very uncertain time.

No comments:

Post a Comment