Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Seeking Daily Bread

So I'm entering the blog world....a little hesitant, but I hope this blog will be a place where I share my heart and somewhat of an outlet for me, a way to process the journey that God is taking me on. Writing comes easier to me, rather than speaking and helps me "get out" everything in my head.

My prayer is that God will just change me through the words that I type and then I may look back and see all He has done and His goodness. He is revealing himself to me in mighty ways and I want to share with others, so He can receive the praise and glory.

So, much of my blog will be a mix of what God is teaching me and more details of my life, a place where I can be real. So if you are choosing to read, I hope you will see God's amazing grace as I do.

"Daily bread" is a phrase I've said all my life in the Lord's prayer, but never until now has it struck me so....so deeply. God's grace and mercy are enough for today. Today.... not weekly, monthly, yearly. Just as He supplied the manna for the Israelites, He is continuing to supply me with enough grace for today. I am trying focus on Him and to live for Him daily.  After all, scripture clearly tells us not to worry about tomorrow. This is hard. I am a planner. I want to know what is coming next. The unknown, as you will learn about me, is one of my biggest fears....but that is what always brings me back to Him.  I am trying to be thankful for today.

As I have learned in the last several years, God's plan always prevails over mine (thank goodness) and because of such uncertainty in my life right now, I am choosing to "seek daily bread." I hope to do this well, although I fail, over and over again. I am thankful for his mercies that are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment