Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Words of Men

After having some discouraging phone conversations the last week with some nurses and doctors about Mary Graham's hips and spine condition and if/when it is treatable, I was very troubled. But that day, immediately God led me to the words of Amy Carmichael, "Do not be weighted down with "flying words".  Do not expect your peace to come from the mouths of men....or penetrate your shield. But the Lord our creator knows! Let not your heart be troubled. Don't you know that I understand what you are suffering? What do men's words matter to me, or to you?"

I have been searching for my peace in what the doctors tell me, hanging on their every word, who wouldn't, after all, they are the ones who should know everything. And, of course, we do pray for wise doctors throughout this process and that God will work through them and we know He will. But my peace can not come from what they say or don't say, and we are hearing a lot from all different sides right now and many things are being lost in communication with one another. But, God stands firm, he is unchanging...."when my world in shaking, heaven stands." I am so thankful for our doctors and nurses who are doing their best to know what is wrong with MG, but I am most thankful for the Greater Physician who already knows. The sign in her room that was painted long before she was born says, "I knitted you together in your mother's womb. I praise you because I fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, I know them full well."

No comments:

Post a Comment