Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Promise of Restoration

The verse that has hit me so deeply throughout Mary Graham's sickness came a few days after the MRI didn't happen as we had expected, calling various doctors and becoming rather frustrated because I seemed to know more about her condition than they did at times. God says in Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." As I continued to read more of these verses it goes on to say how Jeremiah was confined in a courtyard, trapped and helpless...But the Lord speaks to him and tells him to call on him. At times I have felt trapped and helpless-especially because I can't help MG right now. I can't fix my child. But God knows great and unsearchable things, and believe me, I have searched and searched to tried to find the answers on the internet, which has only left me in tears. He can restore her and I need not trust in anything but His perfect way.

As the Lord continues to speak to Jeremiah he talks of the promise of "health and healing and let his people enjoy abundant peace and security....and will rebuild them as they were before...and his people will bring joy, praise and honor before all the nations of the earth that hear of all the good things (the Lord) does for it. They will be in awe and tremble at the peace I provide. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever." I pray for that peace that makes me tremble that only God can provide. I don't know what God has planned for MG and her life ahead, but I know he can restore her health if he chooses to. But, as difficult as it is, I will praise and thank him for his goodness and his promise to restore all that is broken in this world.

I admit, some days are hard, I want to be on a different path but I am praying that God will continue to show me great and unsearchable things through Mary Graham. He knows what her future holds and that should be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment