Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Prayer and Encouragment

Today we went with Mary Graham to meet with a pediatric neurosurgeon.  A neurosurgeon specializes in spinal and brain issues.  This was originally scheduled to be a follow up after the MRI, which you now know didn't happen last week. But our genetics doctor told us to go ahead and meet with him.  I am just trusting that God is ordering everything now that things have been changed around from what we were expecting.

Not knowing what to expect and realizing we may not get any answers regarding her condition, it was a good appointment.  Lee and I both really liked the doctor and he was so clear and answered many of our questions. He went into some detail about some conditions of the spine that MG could have, some more serious than others, but he didn't spend too much time on that. He needs the MRI scans to really know what is going on with her.

I had one prayer for this appointment - that we would hear something encouraging. God answered. The neurosurgeon examined her and told us that her eye contact and facial expression are excellent, which he said is a sign of intellect in an baby her age. She smiled and cooed for him and I'm so thankful.  Although it may seem small, it was huge in my book. God's goodness is evident even in the smallest things.

After today, I have really been overwelmed with the prayers and support for Mary Graham and our family right now. It feels like you are carrying our burden with us and you have been so encouraging when I needed to be lifted up. So, if you are praying for her, thank you....I wish I could thank you all face to face....it means more than you know. I have witnessed the power of prayer and know God hears us. For each of you, I am forever grateful.

So no more appointments for the next few weeks until the MRI. Hoping for some rest until then, after being emotionally exhausted this last week with the ups and downs, and for God to continue to prepare our hearts and minds for what is to come.

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment