Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wait

We are still waiting on a diagnosis. And we waited a month for the spinal MRI to happen on June 22nd and many were praying for Mary Graham. Well, God had other plans that day. They were unable to do the MRI because of her neck, she can only turn it to one side. They didn't want to force the tube down her throat and risk injuring or infecting her throat. So, they didn't go through with it. Instead it has been rescheduled for July 21st, where they will prep her in an OR so they have the right tools to intubate her and then take her down to MRI.

I was totally surprised when the anesthesiologist came out and said the MRI wasn't going to happen. But I felt immediate peace that God didn't want it to happen and He had a reason for it. The first verse I read that morning was from Psalm 127:  "The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life."  I recited this over and over and God did just that, he protected MG from harm when they weren't able to do the procedure and maybe he protected her for reasons we may never know. Regardless, I know it was disappointing not to have it, but I was totally able to trust that God needed us to wait another month. He showed me this verse in Psalm 27, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

So, we wait some more....and I am choosing to trust in His goodness through all this, even on the hard days. I have given up trying to plan, because His plan prevails and is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment